Skin Cancer Community
Bump under eyebrow changed
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bump under eyebrow changed

I have a bump under my left eyebrow, under the skin, and have had it for a while (a year or so).  It kind of moves around a bit if I feel it.  It got bigger, but I didn't really worry about it, having read it sounds like a common thing.  But today it changed - I felt a pressure on my the top of my eye, between the socket and eyeball, like it was getting pressed down.  I felt the lump, and it has divided and it's like I now have two lumps, and between them where I felt the pressure the skin no longer seems to have part of the lump.  So it's like the lump divided and part of it went down towards my eye.  I'm a little worried about it now.  I had melanoma in 2003 but it was "mild" - it only required excision not chemo or radiation.  Could this be cancer?  
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I think you should see a doctor about any lumps or bumps you have. With your history of melanoma you should be regularly (6 monthly) be seeing a dermatologist. Unfortunately you are at higher risk of melanoma, having had one, even if it was caught early so please get any new moles or lumps checked out quickly.
Blank
Hi, thanks for your comment.  I have setup an appointment with my dermatologist for Sept 4th, 2012.  I will post the results...
Blank
Saw my dermatologist and she recommends getting the bump removed and analyzed just in case.  My appt with a plastic surgeon is next Wednesday, 9/12/12.
Blank
Thanks for the update. It is most likely an oily cyst but better to be safe than sorry. I hope the plastic surgeon is skilled enough to not leave a scar.

Take care.
Blank
Thanks, me too :).  I'm not too concerned about it for now.  I know not to get too worried about something until after lab results.  I'll post what happens.
Blank
I got it removed.  It wasn't even a cyst, it was a hemangioma - a bundle of vessels under the skin.  They told me it looked like a varicose vein.  So all is well.  Thanks for the support!
Blank
Fantastic news. Thanks for the update.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Skin Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703