Skin Cancer Community
Can a severe dysplastic mole that was removed surgically come back?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

I had a severe dysplastic mole surgically excised from my forehead. It was shave biopsied and found to be severe dysplasia (with margins still left on report) so they went and excised it and I got stitches and everything. It was sent off to the lab again and came back with clear margins. After the bruising healed, about 2 weeks later I noticed another brown pigment right outside the scar line. I totally freaked thinking it was the same dysplasia mole. My derm said it looked fine but I am a hypochondric so he biopsied it anyway and it came back completely normal. Now the scab from that biopsy has fallen off and it looks clear (no moles or pigment besides scar tissue) in sight.

My question is, I have a lot of issues with hyponchondria and this situation scared me a lot. I suffer from really bad anxiety and am on medication for it. However, I just have the worst case scenario in my head that the margins really weren't clear and there are still severe dysplasia cells left even though the pathology report said it was all clear. If this were at any possibility... would the mole grow back so that i'd be able to see it on the surface? Or would it just spread beneath the skin eventually into a melanoma and I wouldn't know? This situation terrifies me and would like some words of advice. I have read horror stories on the internet of that happening (spreading beneath the skin) but I don't know what kind of source it was or maybe melanoma was misdiagnosed in the first place or whatever. But please can you answer my question as to whether I'd be able to see it or not? It has caused me a great deal of anxiety and I just would like some peace. I had this procedure done about a month ago.