Skin Cancer Community
Cancer or what?......

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

Cancer or what?......

8921997?1363047275
I'm 49y/o female with ESRF and on dialysis.  I've had a foot problem for past month that podiatrist has been treating as gout but it has not gotten any better.  Problem started with a patch of red, painful to the touch, just underneath the two toes after the big toe on left foot.  It went from red to black and blue in middle surrounded by red skin.  It is painful, stinging pain and bone pain and stiffness in two toes.  I've had the foot swell up, twice, which eventually went away upon taking diclofenac and colcrys.  Pain, stinging and bone, still persist.  I've attached pictures of foot.  Help please.  Thanks.

For such symptoms, cellulitis and peripheral vascular disease need to be evaluated. Another possibility is of Raynaud’s disease.  Raynaud's disease is a vascular disorder that affects blood flow to the extremities which include the fingers and toes when exposed to temperature changes or stress. Treatment for Raynaud's disease may include prescription medicines that dilate blood vessels, such as calcium channel blockers (nifedipine) or diltiazem. In severe cases, a sympathectomy procedure can be performed.

I sincerely advise you to consult a physician and discuss this possibility with him.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you for responding and I will be sure to bring this up when I next see my podiatrist.