Skin Cancer Community
Changed mole after trauma

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

Changed mole after trauma

I have a mole on my back, it was reddish brown, oval in shape, symmetrical, flat and 3mm. Over a couple of week it became slightly raised and as I was preoccupied with it I picked it. It has healed fine and is now not as raised as before but it is lighter in colour, is now a rectangular shape and is now around 4mm. Is this normal?
As you damaged it yes it could have changed esp if it bled. It may over time go back to the original colour.

Leave it alone and observe once a week for the next month. If no change then you're fine. Then go to once a month.

Take care.
You should get this evaluated from a dermatologist because as a thumb rule if you notice changes in the mole's/mark’s color, height, size or shape, you should have a dermatologist evaluate it. You also should have it checked if it bleeds, oozes, itches, appear scaly, or become tender or painful.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.