Skin Cancer Community
Confused about laser treatment!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

Confused about laser treatment!!!

I hope to get a laser treatment for my unwanted hair but I'm confused that some of my friends are saying not to do that because it may cause skin cancers lately and it's not good that your sweat glands and sebaceous glands will get damage etc. Can someone help me give me a clear answer whether these facts are correct or not??? Thanks.
Laser treatment is not without side effects and may cause hyperpigmentation or hypopigmentation, redness and erythema. Laser hair removal would require multiple sittings depending upon the area where the laser hair reduction is to be done. You should consult a good dermatologist and discuss the pros and cons with him. Most patients need a minimum of seven treatments. The number of sessions depends on various parameters, including the area of the body being treated, skin color, coarseness of hair, reason for hirsutism, and gender.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.