Crawling Skin uestion, please answer soon?
Hi there, my friend has been asking me to post this question.
She is becoming concerned, she is 15 years old she has tried marijuana recently but she is off of it, and does not smoke or drink anymore, latest was a week, but is qutting, cops have been involved. She was never a heavy smoker, or drinker or pot user, she doesn't have any medications or any other drugs. She has been talking about this crawling sensation all over her, arms, legs, mug, mouth, hair, everywhere and its bothering her cause sometimes the crawling is like in a long lengthed spot like 5cm of her arm all at once. There is nothing there... she says it feels like an ant crawling sometimes more intense like slight numbing or motionless vibrating. She says it is just annoying, not painful. It either feels like a small arm hair being moved or an ant crawling in many different places, it is just worrying, what could this be? She also has no allergies, it is all over her body & There is no redness or signs of irritation.
Such crawling sensations can be due to nerve compression or parasthesia skin. Parasthesias are common in alcoholics and metabolic disorders like diabetes, hypothyroidism, and hypoparathyroidism. They can also be due to peripheral vascular disease, nerve irritation, vitamin B12 deficiency or malnutrition.

Get your blood sugar and thyroid hormones levels evaluated. You can take some vit B12 for some days and see if the symptoms are gone or not.

In case the symptoms persist then get it evaluated from a doctor. Nerve compression needs to be ruled out for which a nerve conduction velocity test can be done.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.