Skin Cancer Community
Do I have skin cancer?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

Do I have skin cancer?

Hi, 2 1/2 months ago I noticed a small greyish bump on the side of my torso. I has since developed a black dot in the center, and gotten red around the sides. It does not hurt. It sounds like it might be basal cell carcinoma, but i'm not sure. This was probably stupid, but I tried to pop it. It wouldn't pop, and all it did was bleed a little. Does anyone know what this is? Should I get it checked  out?
You should always get any abnormal skin condition checked out with your Dermatologist. A simple punch or shaving can diagnose the condition, if there is one.

This is more important if you have fair skin, red hair, freckles or a family history of skin cancers.
This bump can be a benign growth like seborrheic keratosis or a malignant growth like basal cell carcinoma. You should get a biopsy skin done from a dermatologist to confirm the diagnosis.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.