Skin Cancer Community
Dry spots

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

Dry spots

Hi! Im 16 years old and for a few weeks I have been noticing small dry spots on my stomach one at a time.. They don't itch or bother me but I don't know what they are and can't seem to find the answer. They go away on their own and then another one appears and doesn't go away for a week or two. Can someone help me?
It can be due to dry skin. The mainstay of management is liberal use of moisturizers after washing with luke warm water. Soap should be used minimally. Moisturizers should be reapplied liberally during the day.You can also use a topical cortisone (steroid) cream or ointment like dermacort(hydrocortisone). Adding a humidifier to the central heating system of your home or using a humidifier also helps.

If still the symptoms persist then possibility of eczema or atopic dermatitis should be ruled out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.