Skin Cancer Community
Flat Brown Spot on Bottom of Foot

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

Flat Brown Spot on Bottom of Foot

I would like to start off with saying I have quite the case of Health Anxiety and haven't got medical insurance right now, that being said I know you can't be certain without seeing a doctor but I am trying to find out if you think it is something I should just go see a dermatologist about and fork over the money.

I don't even know how long I've had this, I don't really look at the bottom of my feet that often but I was wiping some dirt off the bottom of my foot and noticed it. It is completely flat, doesn't itch, hurt or any of the sort it looks as if it's under the skin. Now that I think of it, I have something similar on the side of my pinkee that has been there for a few years now that never changed in shape or size.

Sorry if this is rambling, or what ever, I am just a little on edge.
I thought I included a picture but I don't see it, I am completely new to this site.
Hard to say. Moles on the sole of your foot can look a bit different to moles elsewhere. Have a search under "acral nevi" and see if they look like your one.

I sympathise with you over health anxiety. How about you take a photo, wait one month then compare for any changes. Promise yourself you won't pick at it or look at it until at least 3 weeks have gone by.
Upon googling "acral nevi" I found one picture that resembles it, it looks like a small pen dot of brownness on the bottom of my foot. The image sadly doesn't lead to any website.. and I can't find out if acral nevi is cancerous or not... should I go seek a dermatologist if it is infact acral nevi?
Upon further review, it is completely flat and on my foot, it appears as if it's under the skin. I believe I read somewhere that acral nevus can be caused by trauma/added pressure to an area, it is on the sole of my foot and I recently have started a new job where I am standing for long periods of time. I feel a bit better, assuming my understanding is correct (Please correct me if I'm not) and I'll just keep an eye on it and if I notice any difference or growth, I will just go to a Dermatologist and pay what ever the fee is.
Sorry for the spamming of this post, but I haven't really looked at it much and it looks as if it's vanishing... it definitely isn't as visible at least.