Skin Cancer Community
How does this mole/birthmark look??
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

How does this mole/birthmark look??

6695098?1299005740
My daughter who is 4, had this mole removed on Friday.  It was on the sole of her foot.  It has grown about 2mm in 2 years as her foot as grown almost 3 sizes.  It wasn't bothering her in anyway.  The derm decided to remove it because it was in such a hard to watch place.  I am nervously awaiting the biopsy.  The procedure was so traumatic for her and I hope to put this all behind us.  Any opinions on how the spot looks???  Normal?  Hope someone can help.  Thanks!
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1567353_tn?1358880455
There's no way to tell by just the look of it.
Blank
Thanks.  I understand that....that is why we did the biopsy.  Just wanted an opinion.  Thanks.
Blank
1567353_tn?1358880455
:] No problem.
Blank
I personally think it looks fine. I'm not a doctor but if you search acral nevi you will see tons of benign moles that look like that. They do look odder on the feet. She does have a good reason for it having grown but I guess better safe than sorry. I hope you hear the good news soon.

Take care of both of you while you're waiting.
Blank
Well....it came back moderately atypical compound nevus(dysplastic).  She needs to have the margins re-done since the derm didn't get it all.  We will have this done under anesthesia, because the local biopsy was TRAUMATIC for her.  Not great news....but I guess it could be worse.  Thanks for your input.  
Blank
Poor little thing having to have anesthesia.

Good luck.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Skin Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank