Skin Cancer Community
I am worried that I have skin cancer.
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

I am worried that I have skin cancer.

Hi all, I know posted something yesterday but I have not gotten a response so thought I would try again. I am a 29 year old female and withing a short time I have had tons of medical issues.

For about that 3 weeks now I have noticed that I gotten out of the blue a few Petechiae on the palm of my left hand and since I have never had them before I began to inspect my whole body each day looking for new ones. What I noticed in the last couple of days is that I am getting new moles everywhere. Like on my left arm a few days ago I did not see anyway on the inside of my arm and when I checked the other day there were 3 new ones. I started looking up why someone would get a sudden eruption of moles and of course skin cancer came up! Well some of the pictures looked like this growth I have on the bottom of my foot/toe, its actually the toe next to the big toe on the bottom. I noticed it a few years ago but I didnt think much of it, I mean I really dont know much about skin cancer. It really does not look like a mole at all. Its raised and funny shaped I guess you could say. I then noticed a brown spot on my big toe (on the side) that I never noticed before either. Its pretty big as well but is not raised or anything. At first I thought maybe I got hurt or something. Its on the big toe next to the one that has the growth. Now my moles are brown, but I noticed I got one near my belly button and 2 on my left thigh that look like black dots. The one on my belly button actually itched one day a while ago and I scratched it, didnt even know it was there and it almost came off and its been rough ever since. I am really scared that I have a dangerous skin cancer. I went to see my doctor the other day but he was not in so I had to see his nurse practicer, it was for a headache and swelling of my neck and face on the left side. I brought this up to her but she was very short and in fact rude to me about it. I tried to show her the growth on my foot but she really didnt care to really look at it. She told me she would give me a referral to a dermatologist but said that I should wait until I get some insurance to go and that she did not think it was very important. I also tried to show her that under my left arm pit its hard like a lump. She said those things happen and you just have to wait and see what it does. I never really check the area so I am not sure how long its been like that but it does hurt even more when I move certain ways. Needless to say I am a nervous wreck! I have 2 small children and I am afraid that I have cancer. I have had a recent decline in health in the past few months where everything seems to be going wrong, I thought it was just me. There are days when I can barley get out of bed but I thought I was just depressed. I am hoping that there is nothing seriously wrong but I cant help but allow my mind to think of only bad things. Has anyone had something similar to this? Am I over reacting? I am going to call the dermatologist tomorrow but in the mean time I am worrying myself sick, I cant sleep or eat, I am throwing up because I am just so sick with worry.

Thank you for taking the time to read. Please pray for me..

Tanya