Skin Cancer Community
I am worried that I have skin cancer.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

I am worried that I have skin cancer.

Hi all, I know posted something yesterday but I have not gotten a response so thought I would try again. I am a 29 year old female and withing a short time I have had tons of medical issues.

For about that 3 weeks now I have noticed that I gotten out of the blue a few Petechiae on the palm of my left hand and since I have never had them before I began to inspect my whole body each day looking for new ones. What I noticed in the last couple of days is that I am getting new moles everywhere. Like on my left arm a few days ago I did not see anyway on the inside of my arm and when I checked the other day there were 3 new ones. I started looking up why someone would get a sudden eruption of moles and of course skin cancer came up! Well some of the pictures looked like this growth I have on the bottom of my foot/toe, its actually the toe next to the big toe on the bottom. I noticed it a few years ago but I didnt think much of it, I mean I really dont know much about skin cancer. It really does not look like a mole at all. Its raised and funny shaped I guess you could say. I then noticed a brown spot on my big toe (on the side) that I never noticed before either. Its pretty big as well but is not raised or anything. At first I thought maybe I got hurt or something. Its on the big toe next to the one that has the growth. Now my moles are brown, but I noticed I got one near my belly button and 2 on my left thigh that look like black dots. The one on my belly button actually itched one day a while ago and I scratched it, didnt even know it was there and it almost came off and its been rough ever since. I am really scared that I have a dangerous skin cancer. I went to see my doctor the other day but he was not in so I had to see his nurse practicer, it was for a headache and swelling of my neck and face on the left side. I brought this up to her but she was very short and in fact rude to me about it. I tried to show her the growth on my foot but she really didnt care to really look at it. She told me she would give me a referral to a dermatologist but said that I should wait until I get some insurance to go and that she did not think it was very important. I also tried to show her that under my left arm pit its hard like a lump. She said those things happen and you just have to wait and see what it does. I never really check the area so I am not sure how long its been like that but it does hurt even more when I move certain ways. Needless to say I am a nervous wreck! I have 2 small children and I am afraid that I have cancer. I have had a recent decline in health in the past few months where everything seems to be going wrong, I thought it was just me. There are days when I can barley get out of bed but I thought I was just depressed. I am hoping that there is nothing seriously wrong but I cant help but allow my mind to think of only bad things. Has anyone had something similar to this? Am I over reacting? I am going to call the dermatologist tomorrow but in the mean time I am worrying myself sick, I cant sleep or eat, I am throwing up because I am just so sick with worry.

Thank you for taking the time to read. Please pray for me..

Tanya
Hiya. First of all take a few deep breaths. I think you realise you are having a bout of health anxiety and possibly depression. I know what that's like and it's horrible to live with. If you are throwing up and not eating or sleeping you need to find a doctor that is sympathetic to depression and can take your issues seriously. Be honest with yourself and them. If you have no skin cancer issues will you just move onto another worry? If the answer is yes then your issue is more likely depression. Excercise, listening to upbeat music, never sleeping in the daytime, eating small meals often, focussing on doing things for other people are all the self-help things I would suggest but medication can also be very helpful.

Now onto your moles. Many moles that are turning up aren't likely to be melanomas. They turn up one at a time. What you have could be angiomas or neurofibromas ie benign. They sometimes turn up while pregnant. Any chance? There are also "senile warts". Great name. They can turn up all at once and again are totally benign. If you're googling you should always also search "benign skin lesions" or similar as well as "skin cancer"
The one you scratched off has a reason for bleeding ie you scratched it. If it bleeds again then that's something to see a doctor about. Or if it changes colour.

The ones on your feet. Take a photo of them and see if they change over a month. If not they are just boring old moles. Moles on the feet sometimes look different (splotchy).

Take care.