I recently went to the skin doc about a spot on my nose,
I am sure something is wrong, the doc just said she doesn't see anything. I told her that about a yr or so ago that I was using my normal face cream & my nose got a scab, it did heal ....  Eventually. Now I can see a little round spot in the same place that the scar is .... She said she didn't see nothing to worry about but I believe it is something.
My nose is itchy & tingled.... Mostly when it's hot and muggy, which is all the time here lately. I haven't been feeling good lately, have had nausa and just fatigued .. I'm wondering if maybe that was something & now it has went beyond  the skin. Please help. I am so scared that it's something very bad.
It would appear worse than just a little spot.  I don't think a dermatologist would look at, say, skin cancer and blow it off, it is not invisible after all.  If you don't believe your doctor, go see a dermatologist or a specialist in skin cancer.  In the meantime, keep the sunblock on your nose.
I would defenitely go see another dermatologist.  A similar thing happened to me.  I spotted something (a small pinkish looking bump) on my nose and after a few months I realized it wasn't going away,  The first dermatologist I saw said it shouldn't be anything serious and told me not to worry about it.  I saw a second dermatologist and he ended up performing a biopsy.  A few days later I found out I had basal cell.  Luckily mine wasn't something life-threatening like melanoma, but yours may be different so I would go see another derm.  Good luck