Skin Cancer Community
Is spot harmless?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

Is spot harmless?

Hello, I've had a spot on my back for about 6 months now, Its next to a skin tag, I remember itching it and thinking it was a mosquito bite, the itching went away and I forgot about it, then one day I touched it and it had crusted over, that eventually came off but I have kept an eye on it since, Its small, just raised slightly and is only slightly darker than my skin. Mosquito bites usually disappear after a while so I'm a little concerned about it, should I worry about it? Thankyou
For such a growth any cyst or benign or malignant growth should be ruled out. Best would be to consult a dermatologist and get a biopsy skin done to confirm the diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thankyou so much for your reply, I will let you know