KA
Do I need to have a KA(I do not remember the medical name for this)removed? Or can I live with it?
Hello goodcarol,

KA refers to A keratoacanthoma is a false skin cancer that looks like a little volcano.
A keratoacanthoma often starts at the site of a minor injury to sun damaged skin. At first it may appear as a small pimple or boil and may be squeezed but is found to have a solid core. It then grows rapidly and by the time it is brought to the attention of the doctor may be up to 2cm in diameter.
Keratoacanthomas should be treated for several reasons. Firstly, it is not always possible to be sure the lesion is a keratoacanthoma and not a true skin cancer. A pathologist may report squamous cell carcinoma when the dermatologist has been fairly sure that the lesion is a keratoacanthoma. Secondly, if it is usually an unsightly, often tender and worrisome lesion as soon as possible.

Best