Skin Cancer Community
Lump under skin in groin / inner thigh region

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

I have had a few small lumps (about 1 inch long and a few millimeters wide) under the skin for a few years near the groin / inner thigh region.  There is no pain at all and the lumps are colorless.  If I don't point them out, hardly anyone would be able to see them. I visited a dermatologist and he was freaking out saying that its possibly swollen lymph nodes and that I needed to see an oncologist ASAP to test out the tissue samples.  I then went to my general practitioner, and he said that the lumps are non-issues and are nothing.  I told him about my dermatologist's reaction and he was completely dismissive about the diagnosis.

Based on my own web research, I suspected that the lumps are swollen lymph nodes.  I tried researching about cysts, lipomas, liposarcomas, etc. but I think swollen lymph nodes make the most sense. I have had intense eczema in the groin area for years.  I would go to dermatologist when the infection / itching got bad and he would give me a few injections in the groin area and problem solved, until the itching returns a few months later.  My own conclusion was that since the groin area continued to be infected (exacerbated by my scratching), the lymph nodes continued to be enlarged in that region to combat the infection.

I am very confused.  Any guidance would be sincerely appreciated.
i have a bump on the inner thigh it just came up ,on pain what could it be? i am going to see a doc . next week..