Melanoma in Situ
So just got diagnosed with melanoma in situ and I go in for an excision tomorrow.  It is very superficial and very early as they could not even measure the level since it was so superficial.  It started out as a pimple on my back on a normal looking mole.  I just happened to be getting a mole check and she did a punch biopsy.  It totally freaks me out.  It was a normal looking mole I had that just flaked out on me I guess.  So now I am of course batty ... about any mole.... that is remotely not a perfect circle.  From what I read the success rate is super high.  Any stories to share?
You shouldn't have much to worry about. I was diagnosed with Melanoma on my mid back after a punch. The measurements were "not in the danger area" so they did a wide excision and all has been fine since. This was 15 months ago and since then I have had to visit the Dermatologist every 3 months. Now we are moving to 6 month visits.

God bless.