Melanoma under toenail?
I am 41 yeras old and have had Stage 1 (leg) and Stage 0 (back) melanoma in the last two yrs.  I have a black spot under toenail that I noticed 8 weeks ago when having a pedicure.  It was never there and now it is.  I did not injure to my knowledge or anything of that nature.  My dermatologist wants me to have a surgeon drill out my toenail and biopsy and I want to wait a few months to see if it will grow out (I feel it is a bruise and do not want to jumo to melanoma conclusion-I am also afraid if it would come back melanoma).  Any suggestions?
Pum
With your history I would say you need to play "rather safe than sorry". Get it done as soon as possible. Your dermatologist is the best person to advise you and they have said to get it biopsied. I would trust their judgement over all others.

Take care.
I have been reading some of your replies and it seems you have knowledge and insight regarding skin cancer.  Can you please read "Skin Cancer" from Mo987 and let me know if you have any ideas, or answers.

Thank you.
Monica