Skin Cancer Community
Melanoma???
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Melanoma???

I have a mole that has been on my right hip as long as I can remember. It is about 5-6mm at it biggest section and has a very funny shape, like a arrowhead (kind of). Or maybe a vase turned side-ways -- anyways, It is flat and varying shades of medium brown. It has about 3 small spots of darker color at the border of the posterior side and last week I noticed it had a rough spot that started to bleed when I scratched it. now I have a scab that is 2mm wide though it didn't bleed much.
I have just moved to the Charlotte area and don't have a PCP yet but I do have insurance. What would you advise? I know if I had it removed it would have to be a punch because it is so big. I'm not entirely worried about the scar but it is on my hip just below where my pants band goes. Am I alarmed about nothing?
Any advise would be extremely helpful!! I had a good friend that is a NP in dermatology back in Wilmington,, but I know she would want to look at before deciding and that's a 4-hour drive.
Please help?!
Blank
It sounds like it only bled when you scratched it but if it had a rough spot that does count as a change so you should see a doctor.

Good luck and take care.