Skin Cancer Community
Mole excised however pigment remaining/came back?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Mole excised however pigment remaining/came back?

I had a severly dysplastic mole removed from my forehead about 4 weeks ago. It was shave biopsied first (which removed all of it pretty much). and when it was found to be severe, I had the entire mole excised with stitches. When it healed, it sort of split a little (probably from rubbing it on a pillow when I slept) and was bruised. As the bruising went away, there was still a tiny amount of light brown pigment left that I noticed. I am not sure if it was there the entire time because it was so bruised and healing. I showed my derm and he said to watch it for 2 months and to come back and let him know if it gets bigger or anything because it looked fine. This mole is right outside the stitch line so it had to be just outside the incision, which he said he took margins from. He really couldn't answer why it was there but to biopsy it to find out what it is (because I am parenoid) but that it did look okay to the eye. Haven't gotten those results yet.

This mole was completely removed so I don't understand where the pigment (or mole) came from and why its right next to the incision line. It was not there before I had this surgery. The pathology report came back clear margins. It doesn't look anything like the original dysplastic mole, but possibly a new one? And plus is it over a bit further than the one that was excised. I also had another raised mole, that was taken out because it was in the the exision pathway of the severe one. So I am not sure if it is that one either but my derm did tell me he was just going to take it out because it was in the way. But that seem so soon to just pop up less than 2 weeks after surgery, even he said so that if it was the dysplastic one again that wasn't completely removed no way would it have came back that quick. Could the trama to that area have caused another one to surface? I am just confused because I don't know how the derm could miss the very top of the skin where you can see it, when it obviously came back clear margins. Does this happen?