Mole recovery question
I had a melanoma removed from the lower calf area of my leg a year and a half ago. I recovered great with no complications.  A few weeks ago, I noticed what I thought was a mosquito bite, it itched and I scratched and never thought about it again.  However, it didn't go away. It's about the size of a pencil eraser, hard, tender and located right above the end of the incision area. It's slightly red and hurts when I press on it. Any ideas what this could be?  I have an appointment next week with the doctor who did the surgery.  
It can be a boil or an infected cyst. However since it is close to the mole incision site, it needs evaluation. If it is a cyst, treatment includes small surgical opening into the skin and removing the sac (excision biopsy). But recurrence is quite common.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Hope you feel better and the doctor can determine what it is.  Have you been to the doctor yet?  The stitch bundle is at the end of the scar but if it's been 1.5yr since your surgery am guessing unrelated.  Please let us know how you make out and what it is.  

C~
Because the knot is near my incision, my doctor was concerned that something had matasticized so he ordered a scan of my brain, abdominal, lung, complete blood panel and ultrasound of my groin area to view my lumph nodes - everything came back normal.
He still wants to do an excision as it will allow him to remove the cyst or whatever it is at the same time.  I am having all of this done in Mexico  and pay cash since it is pre-existing condition and I don't want Melanoma on my medical record.   Is there something I can put on the bump to disolve it?  
Unfortunately there is no cream which can shrink this mole but you can get it surgically removed as advised by your surgeon.