Skin Cancer Community
Moving Mole

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

Moving Mole

A couple years ago, I noticed a new mole, or brown spot, on my back (I don't generally have moles). This mole was slightly raised and brown but a little concerning because I had never had a mole there before. After studying it, we decided it wasn't a big concern so it was left alone. After several months it just randomly disappeared and was completely gone. About a month later I had another mole show up in the same place (or possibly the same one resurfacing again). We (my husband and I) began wondering a little more so we started watching it. Again after a few months it went away. This has continued for a while. Now it appears the mole has moved down my back. The spot where the original mole was has no markings at all but I have a mark lower on my back that is doing the same thing of coming and going. Should I be concerned?