Skin Cancer Community
Mystery bruise?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Mystery bruise?

Hi.

I noticed a bruise on the bottom of my arm.  It is between the wrist and elbow. The bruise is about half an inch wide and about 2 inches long.  I have no ides where it came from. It almost went away the day before yesterday.  I noticed last night it is dark again.  I've also been tired easily.

Could it be skin cancer?  Or could I be low in iron?  Could I be anemic? I was known in my past to have white blood cells. I don't remember having a bruise like this before.  Or something else?  I'm starting to get concerned.  I want to call my family doctor on Monday. What if she's super busy and I can't get an appointment right away? Should I go to the clinic?  Thanks.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I'd say give it a couple of weeks. If it was due to an injury it will have gone away or nearly have gone away. It doesn't sound like skin cancer at all.

Often we injure ourselves without remembering. Sometimes in our sleep, sometimes from lifting something heavy, pressing against something for too long.

If you get other unexplained bruises you might want to head to a doctor, but for just one I wouldn't worry too much.

Take care.
Blank
Thanks. That's good to know. I might have hit my arm when I was sleeping.  Or maybe from me being on the computer. When I use the mouse, my arm presses on the desk.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Skin Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...