Need Help please.. pictures attached.
Hello all,
I am new to the forum but have seen the help that it can give people and am reaching out for some advice based on your experiences. I am 22 years old and about 2 years ago I noticed a small lump on my back. It was bright red and I assumed it was a pimple as I am acne prone... (who isn't in their teens!) I left the bump alone and pretty much forgot about it. I have noticed lately that it is bright red and isn't a perfect circle. It hurts a little if it is pressed and to be honest it feels like a tight blister. I have never tried to pop it so I don't know if there is fluid inside but it is not hard and has no discolouration. I have always been pretty conscious when it comes to sun protection but when I was younger I have had a few bad burns on my back. I am just wondering if this looks like it could be a form of skin cancer or if it is just a mole. I've attached two pictures, one is a close up and one is what it looks like far way. The small bump above it is unfortunately a pimple..

I appreciate any and all comments, I am setting up an appointment with my doctor next week but for now I am looking for your opinion.

Thank you,

Courteney

Pictures- just cut and paste into a new browser window:

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n599/courteneyf/back32.jpg
http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n599/courteneyf/back.jpg
I'm not a doctor but this could be a keloid scar from one of your old pimples. See how you get on with your doctor though and try not to worry in the meantime.