New dark mole on scalp of my two-year old
My daughter, who is two, developed a mole very quickly on her scalp over the summer.  At first I wasn't worried, but now it seems to be more prominent.  It measure about 2x3mm.  Borders seem okay, but the color is worrying me.  The majority of the mole is a red/brown, but the center has a 1mm dark brown area that seems a little raised.  I am sick with worry and wish I had taken it more seriously when I first noticed it.  To make matters worse, I had melanoma (stage 0) 6 years ago.  I have been fine since, but I fear I passed something on to her.  

If a doctor could give me some input, that would be greatly appreciated.  I can't get my daughter into a dermatologist for another two weeks.  I'm so scared...
Pum
There aren't any doctors on this board sorry.

My understanding is that melonama doesn't occur in very young children (under 10). I notice you haven't given her age but I'm assuming fairly young. Moles have to turn up sometime and they tend to arrive before we are 20. My son has two moles on his scalp that look very similar to your photo. I do keep an eye on them although they are under lots of hair and I will be telling him to keep an eye on them when he is older. His grandfather died of melanoma.

Please try not to worry. That mole looks fine and like I say, they have to arrive sometime.

Take care.