New mole on excision scar...help
I had a melanacytic nevus completely excised almost 3 months ago and got a good report...today I noticed a new small mole has appeared at the end of the scar.  This mole is brand new and doesnt look strange, but it worries me that it appeared there where they removed a melanacytic mole. What should I do? I don't have my checkup at the dermatologist for almost 6 months.
It can be a recurrent mole. Recurrent nevus is a melantic skin lesion which clinically resembles a superficial spreading melanoma at the site of a recent shave removal of a nevus. What happens is that melanocytes left behind in the wound regrow in an abnormal pattern. This is accompanied by scarring, inflammation, and blood vessel changes and this both the clinical and histologic impression of a melanoma.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.