Skin Cancer Community
Newer freckles on toe and finger

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

Newer freckles on toe and finger

I have a small flat light brown freckle on the inside of my left second toe. I noticed it probably about 6 months ago. Around that same time I noticed a tiny light brown freckle appear on the top of my right ring finger. They just looked like normal freckles so I didn't pay them any attention. Today I happened to find an article staring that freckles/moles on toes are especially concerning for melanoma. These freckles have not changed in appearance at all, but now I'm very worried that I've let something dangerous go unchecked. I can't get in to see a dermatologist until June 10, though I was placed on a waiting list for cancellations, so hopefully I'll get in sooner.  Given the fact that they haven't changed their appearance, how alarmed should I be about my chances for melanoma with these freckles?
It can be a normal freckle. If you notice changes in the mark’s color, height, size or shape, you should have a dermatologist evaluate it. You also should have it checked if it bleeds, oozes, itches, appear scaly, or become tender or painful.Otherwise it should be left as such.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.