Pre-existing Condition?
HI everyone. My GF recently went to a dermatologist to have a spreading mole looked at. They performed a biopsy which showed some abnormal but not cancerous cells and decided to remove the area surgically. She has no history of skin cancer and has never been seen or evaluated for any condition relating to skin cancer in the past.
She currently carries the same health insurance she had at the time, through her job as a teacher. The insurance companies are refusing to pay for ANY of the services performed because her condition was "pre-existing". We are both just out of college and dont have too much extra cash, but these bills are in the thousands of dollars.

My question is: Should this be considered a pre-existing condition? Is there anything I can do to appeal the decision by the insurance co. and get these services at least partially paid for?