Skin Cancer Community
Pregnant with Basal Cell Carcinoma
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pregnant with Basal Cell Carcinoma

Hello,I just got a call from my doctor that 2 of the samples they removed, one from my face and the other from my chest, are skin cancer (basal cell carcinoma).  I have a few questions that are concerning me:
-I am 33 weeks pregnant.  Is the Mohs surgery safe for a pregnant woman and her baby?  I would like to get it taken care of quickly before my baby is born as long at it is safe for her.  My doctor scheduled the Mohs surgery for next week. Have other pregnant women gone through this surgery?My doctor says it is safe but I always like to make sure on this kind of thing.
-I noticed the one on my face about a year ago but thought it was nothing until it did not go away.  It is a small bump above my eyebrow and grew very slowly.  Does this mean I caught it late and it is more likely to have spread?
-I have a lot of moles all over my body and I am now concerned also about melanoma.  Are my chances of developing melanoma increased because of the basal cell carcinoma?

As you can see I have a lot of questions and this is the last thing I want to go through during my pregnancy.  Thank you in advance for answering my questions.  I am very worried and would like any advice you can give me.
Tara