Skin Cancer Community
Red Bump

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

Red Bump

8730633?1358125342
This morning I noticed a small shiny bump on my hand which resembled a single bump of poison ivy or something similar. I thought that was weird this time of year, especially since I"ve done no yard work! As the day went on, it at least doubled in size and now is outlined in red. It is also painful to touch. Any suggestions or ideas?
It can be blood blister or boil. For this, apply cold compresses, soak the blister in Epsom salt and try to avoid its rupture. If the blister breaks, quickly rinse the area and apply an antiseptic such as neosporin. It is not recommended to break a blister because it may often lead to infection.

If the symptoms worsen or persist then consult a gynecologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.