Skin Cancer Community
Red Rash around Mole
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Red Rash around Mole

Hi,

i have a mole thats in the lower abs and a red rash is started to form around it the past few days and when i touch it, its sensative and it hurts... should i be worried?

or could this be just an irritation or something from my underwear rubbing against the mole in an awkward position?
Related Discussions
I'm definitely not an expert but I had something similar show up on my stomach although the pain was very minimal.   By chance,shortly after I noticed the rash, I was having a follow up visit to my dermatologist after having a stage 0 melanoma removed, so I had her take a look.   She examined it closely and took a picture of the thing.   She was not particularly concerned and said it didn't appear to be anything to worry about.   Within a couple of weeks the rash disappeared so I'm guessing I somehow rubbed the area around the mole.

I'm a walking poster child for melanoma risks so I don't hesitate to call the doctor if I have any concerns.  It's unlikely that you have you anything serious but for your own piece of mind, you might want get it checked, particularly if it doesn't start to heal soon..  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Skin Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...