Skin Cancer Community
Scratched a mole (not off or infected) but bleed a little

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

I had a mole on my chest, I must have scratched it by accident some how, it bleed a little and looked a little scabby. It now looks similar but a bit red around the edge of the mole - I'm not sure if I should see a doctor to check it, but I've read some forums and most people scratched it completely off, I haven't just scratched a little and bleed. Please leave a comment :-) thanks
Tags: mole, Chest, bleed
This looks like inflammation due to trauma due to scratching of the mole. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. Also wear cotton clothes. Application of mild corticosteroid cream prescribed by your doctor and oral antiinflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful.  Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful on the bump. If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.