Skin Cancer Community
Shave Biopsy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

Shave Biopsy

I am a 38 year old woman that has a small, perfectly round beige/pink on forehead. It seemed to come and go and I "thought" it seemed to turn more pink when out in the sun.  The other day, I woke up with it more red.  I started picking at it and trying to see if it was a clogged pore since it was driving me nuts and also put hydrogen peroxide on it. This turned it even redder. I went to Derm yesterday and since so red she thought it looked suspicious and did a shave biopsy.  I asked if she thought it was melanoma, she said no but we need to check this.  Kicker is, the results wont be back for 7-10 days!! I am ready to go nuts already and it has only been one day.   Could this just be a sun spot or Ak?  I am so terrified of Melanoma!!!  Why do we have to wait so long for results?????
That does seem a long time to wait. Perfectly round beige/pink sounds unworrying and you do have a good reason for it to have changed colour. By comes and goes do you mean  it used to dissappear completely? That definitely doesn't sound like melanoma. It is good she is checking though as it could be one of the less serious forms of skin cancer.

Take care of yourself during this stressful waiting time. Be kind and treat yourself.
It would fade to the point it was barely noticeable.  When I have told family members now about this, they never noticed anything and are surprised that I even was having an issue. When I look at pictures is it so faint -- I see it because I am looking for it.  

When I do look at pictures online, I cant really find anything to identify it with.  The closest is a AK that I saw on a website -- very light pink spot.  

I have anxiety issues so I am really having a hard time with this and have missed work due to the stress.
Take a look at solar lentigos on line. They fade in winter and come back in summer. They are also completely harmless.

Please try not to stress out so much. Treat yourself to a magazine or some chocolate. You know that worrying won't change the outcome.

Pink is unlikely to be anything serious and if your family can barely see it, there is a very low chance it is something to worry about.
Path report shows some atypical cells and they want to do a deeper shave, what does this mean??  The nurse told me this is not cancer and no cancer cells were found.  Now what?
That is great news.

They just want to remove a bit more to make sure that nothing can ever happen to that mole in the future. Very precautionary only.

Good luck.
Thank you for responding!  You are really a good person for responding.  I have been having stomach aches over this and then when they want to take more, but say it isnt cancer, then I was/am really confused.  Thanks for helping me put my mind at ease.  I really appreciate it!  
It ended up being basal cell carcinoma and I had the MOHS procedure and nervous breakdown.  I am now ok...
Thanks for reporting back. Nearly everyone where I live has bcc due to the high UV. People get bits chopped out and carry on.

Sorry to hear it was so negative for you mentally but great to hear you are well now.
Thank you!