Skin Cancer Community
Should I be concerned?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

Should I be concerned?

Over 10 years ago, I had a mole removed and the pathologist report said it was a "bad" one and it was good it was removed. For the past couple of months I have a red spot that bleeds right in the middle of where the mole used to be. It won't heal, even with using polysporin ointment. Is this something I should have looked at?
Absolutely. If you had the "bad" type of skin cancer you should be having regular checkups, not waiting for overt signs of trouble. You might want to go to the internet to learn more about skins cancers. There are three types:  basal cell, squamous cell, and melanoma. The least dangerous is basal cell; the most dangerous is melanoma.
I've done some research on the different types of skin cancer. I guess I don't want to be one if those patients who is over reacting over something simple. It started off like what i thought was a "pimple" and it just won't heal all the way. I've never had this on a scar before. I will definitely have it looked at, for peace of mind. Thanks!