Skin Cancer Community
Skin Growth in Pubic Area - Is it Cancer?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

I have what I thought was a skin tag that is on my pubic area. It has been there for about two years and is about the size of a pencil eraser. It doesn't bother me at all but I have become concerned about it. There is some itching that I have in the area but not on that specific spot. Again, I am so worried.  I showed it to my gynecologist yesterday and he said that he would remove it for me next week. What concerns me is that when he was about to leave the room he asked me if I had ever had a pap test come back abnormal. I told him I hadn't had one for several years. He just said he'd see me next week and left the room. Do you think I have any reason to be worried about it being cancerous?
Maybe he is thinking "wart" which are associated with abnormal pap smears. It sounds like you are in good hands.

Take care.
Yeah I was reading and thinking that may be what he meant but I know it isn't anything like that. I had a pap after having my daughter a few years ago and both me and my husband are faithful so I know it couldn't be an STD. Thanks for your response.