Skin Cancer Community
Skin and nail discoloration

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

Skin and nail discoloration

What are the first symptoms of Melanoma?  Last night while in the tub, I noticed that my toenail was becoming a dark purple, with no apparent reason.  I also have these darkened areas on several different parts of my body.  The discoloration on my foot, is about 4 inches long, and asymmetric.  On my stomach, it is at least a inch or two in diameter, and my wrist almost an inch as well.  I am bi-racial and really pain, so the spots are highly visible.  The area on my wrist, I believe because I rest my wrist atop my keyboard, often starts to peel especially in the hot weather.  The areas seem to be dry and crackly.  I also on a daily basis find anywhere from 6 to 7 small bruises which are not painful and doesn't result from an accident.  I also have these small red dots up and down my arms that are really small but big enough for me to see, especially in the sun.  My body also takes an extremely long time to heal from any injuries, scratches, cuts etc (sometimes taking a month or more to heal).  They never heal properly and always leave scars.
I also have several moles, that lately have increased in size, and new ones appearing quite often.  I have considered getting them removed.
My nails and hair are very brittle as well, doesn't make much for either to break.