Skin Cancer Community
Squamous Epethelial Cells in my Urine

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

Squamous Epethelial Cells in my Urine

I recently received blood work results that show that I have a high amount of squamous epethelial cells in my urine?  I just got back the results of skin biopsies and I have one that turned out to be cancer, but it is basal cell carcinoma. So why do I have squamous cells in my urine and what should I do about that? Thank you for any help.
HI ... I am not sure but I'd ask more than one opinion and be certain this is followed up.  I once had atypical cells come thru on my urine and they did 2 cystoscopes + 2 high level DNA tests to rule out bladder cancer.

I don't know about squamous and bladder cancer .. but I'd touch base with a Urologist and see if they should be handling your case at this point.

There's one here at MedHelp I believe.

Cheryl
thank you Cheryl for giving me this information. I will do that!!
I have squamous cell skin cancer and it has showed up in my urine before.  you might want to be tested for skin cancer.  if you have any white flaky skin with a lump under it or a sore that won't heal go to a doctor I have it all over me and i get it off.  it comes back in different areas.  squamous cell can go to your lungs and bladder, sometimes your breast.  it can be deadly but not as much as melanoma.  it likes your forehead, hands and arms.  it can even get into your scalp.
you can have basal cell and squamous cell at the same time.
Thank you Sadie. I just found this. I forgot I posted this question.  I have an appt. with the dermatologist Friday to have basal cell cancer taken off my forehead and I was going to ask him about the squamous cell in my urine! You have helped alot.
Please stop back and let us know what he says.   I put you in my watch list ...  C~
Thank you ChitChatNine!  I had my surgery Friday morning and currently I look like Frankenstein's bride, but that is ok, as long as the cancer is gone! As for the squamous epithelial cells, apparently it is normal to have those cells in your urine. Mine was a little higher than normal, but should be ok. I get complete blood work done again in October and they will see what it shows then, but he wasn't concerned at all. Thanks for watching me! Hope all is well with you!