Skin Cancer Community
Thing on front of thigh

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

Thing on front of thigh

Hi, I've been really worried recently about a raised thing on my thigh that I've had for as long as I can remember (I don't really know what it is) that has changed a bit. It was always a reddish color, but within the space of a few days it turned to a shade somewhat darker, almost black. I was going to go to the doctors but today I picked at it with tweezers (I know, I'm silly) and it bled out until all of it (apart from one tiny bit) turned back to its original color. Could this be nodular melanoma or some other form of skin cancer? It is oblong in shape and about 1/3 inch long. The edges are regular but it is and always has been slightly raised. I'm assuming that it has been filled with blood recently as it is not as raised as it was before it bled. It's also not in an area that gets much sun exposure to be honest and that area has never been burned. I'm just worried sick to be honest.
Nodular melanoma is the most aggressive form of melanoma. It tends to grow more rapidly in thickness (penetrate the skin) than in diameter. Yours is more in diameter than depth. In general, if one notices changes in the mole's/mark’s color, height, size or shape, he should have a dermatologist evaluate it. You also should have it checked if it bleeds, oozes, itches, appear scaly, or become tender or painful.Otherwise it should be left as such.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.