Three White Lesions on Side of my Tongue (Picture)
Starting ab out a week ago, I developed some very odd spots (lesions perhaps?) on the left side of my tongue. There are four of them. You can see them in the picture. They are not raised, are not painless, not hard, and seem to almost disappear during the middle of the day, as strange as that may sound. They are much more pronounced during the morning and evening. During the day the "spots" are still there, but they are almost the color of my tongue so they are harder to see. I wonder if this could be indicative of tongue cancer? Would tongue cancer present this way (acutely, disappearing for hours at a time)? Any opinions on what this could be? By the way, last week I ate three entire cans of Salt and Vinegar chips during a three night span. Could there be a correlation? Thanks!
Hi, we are patient and not Dr's on the community so it's hard to tell you what's going on, but does it hurt?  Another thought is whether this is thrush/yeast infection of some sort?  Does it come off if scraped and then reappear?  Yeast will do this.  Of course, I would have it checked out by your Dr.  Those are just some thoughts.  

Is it on your cheek at all?

C~
No it is not on my cheek. It's like they change shape from day to day. They have been there about eight days now. It does not scrape off - it's part of the tissue it seems. Very puzzling.
The only other thing I can think of, but of course have your Dr take a look @ them, is maybe @ night you are gnawing on the tongue w/o realizing it.  I had a recurring sore on my tongue that my dentist actually noticed but in my case it was from moving my tongue against a sharp tooth at night and now is gone .. but mine was more canker sore than what you describe.

C~
I have a lesion on the right side of my tongue - have had  it for about 5 years - elongated about  15mm long - does not hurt,  never did, although I remember as a child I did bite my tongue, I just wonder what it might be