Skin Cancer Community
Waiting biopsy results

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

Waiting biopsy results

So I went to the dermatologist yesterday for a wart (at least that's what I thought it was). It has been years since I was there last and she did a once over. She found two moles and said, "hmmm ehh... these 2 are suspiciously ugly". She removed samples and sent them to be biopsied along with the "wart" (she said it could be something else that I don't recall the name). I can't help but worry especially since I have an 8 week old daughter. I did notice that the color and shape changed but talked myself out of getting it checked. They got larger and darker gradually and didn't put much thought into it because they are on my right shoulder. I really don't have a question just needed to get it out. My fiance has not really discussed it because I think he's worried. I am scared.
Hi there,

It is very common for moles to change colour during pregnancy so there could be a very easy explanation for that. Your hormones will also be making you more anxious than normal and that's completely normal too. You will find out the results soon enough and it is most likely they are fine. The "wart" is also likely to be fine as the dermotologist had a name for it which is a good thing ie it was obviously typical of its type. Was it sebohraic keratosis by any chance? They are harmless.
Anyway good on you for getting it checked out and a big congratulations on your daughter. Take care of yourself and your family.
Thank you for the reassurance. Hormones... oh yeah (breastfeeding)! I had other moles change with the pregnancy but these two almost doubled in size and got so dark in some spots they were almost looking black. I will just have to see. Can't help but think about worst case scenario then when I get the results anything is a relief. Cancer is in the family on both sides. I don't know what she said the warts could be. Not sure I would recognize it if I heard it.

Thank you for your kind words! Take care
Just an update. I got the results of the tipsy stating the moles were moderately abnormal of low risk but should be removed within 6 months. Good news there thankfully! I'm so relieved!
Thanks for the update. Fantastic news. Enjoy your daughter.

Take care.

ps if you find yourself worrying excessively about anything else consider ppd. Not that I'm suggesting anything, just a little reminder, just in case.
Thank you! She's a true blessing! I'll look into it.