Skin Cancer Community
Was husband given correct medication for squamous cell ?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Was husband given correct medication for squamous cell ?

Hello - Some weeks ago, Husband found a legion on his nose - went to the dermatologist and was put on Aldera Creme  after doctor did the necessary 'excision' (if i'm using the correct terminology) and while waiting the recent biop results.. ..treating dermatologist felt it better to be on 'something' during the biop-wait- time  ... .. anyway husband finished treatment with Aldera and just received path- report stating Squamous Cell found. (no mention of basal)  The dermatologist did not suggest a followup appointment upon the results just received.   My husband requested a copy of the report and now has it ..but he does have a 3 month follow up.
      His concern now is that upon reading the brochure for Aldera it mentioned it is used for ''Basal' cell ... no mention that it is also useful for ''squamous'  so of course he's worried and it's a holiday weekend.   .. do you think he was given the wrong medication?
                     thank you in advance for any input...