Worried about the moles on my girlfriend, please help!
Hi guys, I've known my girlfriend for over a year and a half now, and have always known that she's had lots of moles on her. Not an insane amount, but a few big ones in some places. She goes to the dermatologist often whenever she sees a new one pop up, and she is very fair skinned. Like, no mistaking that she is definitely of caucasian origin. I heard that having a lot of moles and being fair skinned are both big risk factors in developing skin cancer. I'm a hypochondriac who freaks out about all health issues, and now I am seriously scared about her ;___;.

I don't want her to get skin cancer, and apparently she's had this mole problem since she was a child. What's her chance of getting something like melanoma? ;________;. It's going to drive me crazy now, I want to tell her that I'm worried about her, but I know I shouldn't because she's not stupid, and she has of course known about her mole problem for a while if she's been going to dermatologists. So me reminding her that she has a higher risk of getting skin cancer won't do any good, and will probably only make her depressed and/or worried.

I just feel like it could strike at any time, and that when it does, it'll be at a point where we're not focused too much on them, and she'll die because of it. ;___;
Pum
Oh dear. She is doing all the right things. Even people with a previous melanoma only visit dermatologists every 6 months or so. They often are slow growing to begin with and at that stage are completely cureable.

It sounds like your worrying are the real issue. I do understand as my husband has a strong family history so I worry about him and our son. All you can do is be vigilant and put it in perspective. At least it is a cancer that you can see, not like those ones that grow inside you and don't cause trouble until much later in the piece.

Maybe her getting a mole map annually would put your fears to bed.

Good luck.