Skin Cancer Community
black spots on lips

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

black spots on lips

I'm a 17 year old female. I consider myself to be quite healthy.
However, I am addicted to lipbalm. It all happened four years ago when I started using the typical drugstore cherry chapstick. I used it about every hour throughout the day and went through one chapstick per month. It went on like for about a year or so when I switched chapsticks and tried all the other balms out there. I was a fanatic. Two years ago, I noticed this black spot on the top corner of my lip and a couple of black spots on my lower lip. I didn't worry about it too much although I did start using tinted lip SPF lipbalm to cover it up. Eventually, I started noticing more black dots and now I have a scatter of it all over the bottum of my lip. I still have only one black spot on my top lip. At first I thought it might be the sun but it couldn't have been because I've constantly use SPF. I knew for sure that it wasn't caused by coffee or smoking as I do not do any of these and for a while I thought it to be the red rose tea that I drink daily (one cup per day...sometimes none). Then I thought it may be the chemicals inside the balms so I switched to organic balms. It faded for a short while, but the spots came back, and are still blatant as ever. No matter how much of the organic balm. I know my dad, and his brother, as well as his father have black spots on their lips. I asked my Mother about it recently and she told me not to worryabout it. I used to lick my lips a lot (three years ago) but i've stopped as I now use lipbalm instead. I do eat some greens but not a whole lot. And I drink coke about once a week so I do not think that diet/food is the case. I really really want to get rid of these black spots as it does not look very attractive and the fact that I'm a girl just makes it a whole bunch worse! I want to get rid of these spots and I want to know what causes the black spots. Any help?!
I cannot wear lipstick to cover up the spots as I do not wear any make up and I go for a fully natural look. Also, intense colour looks bad on my thin lips.
Also, I was not born with the black spots. I only noticed them about 4 years ago.
Surgery and seeing a real doctor is not an option.
Can you tell me a natural home remedy (treatment) and what to do to help get rid of these spots and what causes the spots?
Thank you!