Skin Cancer Community
blue hard lump in vein on calf

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

blue hard lump in vein on calf

what is this lump in what appears to be my vein on my right calf (inner leg slightly lower section of calf muscle). It is very tender to touch and a bit painful when i walk. I dont remember hitting it on anything and it only just started to hurt today, which is why i noticed its appearance. should i be worried that it is a blood clot? if so what to i do to treat it?
It can be due to superficial thrombophlebitis. You may need an ultrasound or CT/MRI or a D dimer test. Till you consult your operating surgeon, apply warm compresses and elevate the affected leg and take an over-the-counter nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID).

You may also need blood-thinning (anticoagulant) medication, such as heparin or thrombus dissolving medication such as alteplase.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.