Skin Cancer Community
breast cancer

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

breast cancer

hello
my name is philomena , i have just found a lump in my breast and went to gp ,he says its a breast mass which is 2cm , it has irrelguar shape and it moves when i press it but its so hard ,, will be seen in hospital in ten days .. am so scared
Fibrocystic changes are the most common benign condition of breast. The lumps called fibroadenoma feel rubbery and mobile and accompany fibrocystic changes. Cancer is usually associated with women older than 50 years, affected first degree relative or hormonal factors like early menarche. Breast lumps should be ideally examined a week after the periods start. Cancerous tumors are hard and firm and less mobile unlike fibrocystic changes where the lumps are irregular and mobile. You should get the breasts examined for irregularities, dimpling, lumps, inflamed or tender areas or any discharge from nipples. All areas both breasts along with the underarms need to be checked. You can also get a mammography done. Aspiration using a syringe and needle need to be done if cyst like lump is found and fluid sent for examination.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.