Skin Cancer Community
could this be a sign of cancer on nose?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

could this be a sign of cancer on nose?

For a long while, can't pinpoint exactly when, my nose has been itching constantly mostly on the right side.  There's no moles or freckles on my nose.  There's just a little bit of white discoloration and a crusty spot near the tip of my nostril. The last couple summers I have been spending a lot of time in the sun and not applying much sunscreen.  

I have tried taking many different brands of OTC allergy meds and anti-itch cremes.  Nothing helped.  Not even putting lotion on and up my nostrils trying to reduce the constant itchiness or increasing my water intake

When I did have insurance, I went to the doc once and was told that it was allergies and woudn't refer me to a dermatologist.  I don't have insurance now since I'm unemployed and haven't been able to get it checked out by another doctor
It can be due to dermatitis skin or seborrheic dermatitis. Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.

For mild-moderate symptoms a weak steroid may be used but use it only under prescription.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.