dry skin patch on nose that won't go away
I have a patch of dry skin on nose that has been there for about six months that won't go away
I had two patches of dry skin on my nose and one next to my eye a few months ago that would not go away.  I saw a dermatologist and was told they were actinic keratoses which are considered the earliest stage (pre-cancer) in the development of skin cancer.  They are small, scaly spots most commonly found on face, ears, neck, lower arms, and back of the hands in fair skinned individuals who have had significant sun exposure. Mine was treated by cryotherapy (freezing).  Very simple, painless procedure in the office.

It would not hurt to bring it to the attention of your primary physician or dermatologist in case this is what it is.  Some primary care physicians can take care of this in the office as well.

Kathy
my partner had cancer removed from her nose a long time ago..now she has terrible dry skin and a growth on it...what do we do?