Skin Cancer Community
finger

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

finger

I just had a squamous cell removed from my left hand ring finger between the nuckles why cant  you find anything on the internet about others thats had it on there finger, is it unusual. Thanks quinncy1
HI, I'm not sure myself but wanted to stop by and say hello and welcome to the community!

C~
Thank you for answering, Ive had a lot of skin cancer, and some times it gets me down Ive had 2 surgerys in the last month and 30 spots frozen, and my Dr pointed me out as the one  that had the squamous on her finger, to a couple nurses as I was leaving. LOL I go back next Tues to get stitches out of finger, and to see if he got it all. B
My mom at age 82 just had a good-sized squamous removed fully from her ankle.  

I have had two sets of the frozen spots off on my face .. and both needed to be repeated and now for the 3rd time one of them is back again grrrrrrrrrr!    I am sorry you had stitches in such painful area and so glad they caught it!  My  frozen-off spots were some kind of pre cancerous kera something or other if I recall.

Over the paswt 12 yrs, I have had about a dozen moles removed(I'd say 8 were atypical)  and one very early melanoma removed/cured 2yrs ago ................

Being systematic with checkups and self checks is prudent ... you sound like you are on top of it ... keep up the good work!

C~

C~