Skin Cancer Community
melanoma

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

melanoma

Hi, my mother was just diagnosed with malignant melanoma. The Dr said he would be very surprised if it has not spread. How bad could this be? Does anyone here have this? Thanks for any responses!
I am very sorry to hear of this news. All you can do is take each day at a time and wait for the prognosis. This will depend on the grade of the MM.

Take care.
Thanks for your response. She has to go to Johns Hopkins to have a lymph node removed and checked. shes really scared, not sure what to expect.
I sincerely hope for good news for you and your mother. I can say that I know of people who have had grade 2 and 3 melanomas and are doing fine.

Johns Hopkins is terrific.  Please keep us posted.  So sorry to hear this news, but excellent treatment with a game plan is the way to go .. Let us know how the appointment goes.  

Best,
C~