Skin Cancer Community
midbe re opinion on mole pic

This patient support community is for discussions relating to skin cancer.

midbe re opinion on mole pic

8838328?1360659772
hi midbe, here is the pic of the malignant one on my back. I had surgery a couple of weeks ago but has spread so starting treatment. there is also a squamous cell on my hand - same situation but it looks quite different. this looks similar to yours so  really would get that second opinion. I believed my doctor a little too long!
Tags: mole, Skin Cancer, Melanoma, hutchinson freckle
do you go out on sunshine often? how big is your mole?
hi, I have never deliberately sunbaked, ever!  and my back is always covered. The doctor asked me had I ever had a severe sunburn where I had atually blistered, I said yes but only once when I was about 19. I fell asleep in the middle of a heat wave on the beach. Burnt so severly spent 3 days in bad as had large blisters behind my knees and couldnt walk. Apart from that never. Addtionally, it wasnt a mole so een if I knew it was there I would have ignored it.  It started off just like a freckle and being fair I have quote a few. What I didnt know was that their was a fairly rare type of freckle called a hutchinsons melanoma - malignant skin cancer. It takes along time to spread but when it does it is extremely aggressive. It was probably there for years, I have no idea as never had anyone do a full skin check before. I knew as I was so fair and australian, that a high risk but I HAD NO MOLES'''''''  so thought I was just fine. It is about the size of half a 5 cent pce only and completely flat. Though I guess for a freckle that is large - he said it was large.  I was supsicious of the thing on my hand, but again as it was not a mole and was pink, and as my family dr said was nothing, I ignored that too. It is a squamous cell carcinoma which I also have a pic of - well its cut out now but took pic beforehand to warn others that not all skin cancers are moles and even many same types of skin cancers can look so very different. Thats why its not a great idea to take notice of advice on forums. I say any lesion, no matter what it looks like, if its been there over a month, especially if looks like an irregular shape (mole or not) have an EXPERT check it - not just a doctor but  skin dr