mole scare
I have had this raised mole for several years but just recently the area around it has started to itch.  I am getting very nervous about if it could be melanoma. My doctor's office doesn't have any openings until next week.  Can someone shed some light.  I don't know how to make a link to post the picture..It is close to my same skin complexion.
There are many reasons for itchiness. Insect bites, dry skin etc. The most common reason is that you have irritated the mole. Is it in a place where it might be getting rubbed?

Please try not to worry in the meantime before your doctor's appointment but do keep the appointment to get your mind fully at rest.
I have a referral for a dermatologists and they/re booked up for 2 weeks.  It seems to have gotten slightly darker.  It is on my thigh.  Googling pics all day doesn't help the situation.  I am such a hypochondriac, it is ridiculous..